www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

Enjoyable Weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> BBQ & Grilling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeepdad

PostPosted: Tuesday 5-27-2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Enjoyable Weekend Reply with quote

Was on the road for two weeks this time in Augusta, Georgia.

This is what I did at the hotel patio each evening after work.

Enjoyed a few of these cigars and others.

Driving back to the hotel one evening I saw what looked like a huge party. It was a local Greek Orthodox church having a festival....so I joined in the fun! A gyro and feta fries.

And couldn't decide on a dessert so got a variety pack to take back to the hotel!

One day I went over to the Cabela's Outpost about 2 mins from my hotel. I picked up several things one of which I just cannot resist....love these things. It's a throwback to my childhood. I don't run into these things often but when I do...

Went to the "Pizza Joint" in Augusta and chowed down on some pizza. It was tasty. This is a carnivore slice and a jerk chicken slice.

While I was away Boo turned 16. We had a party for her before I left. This is at Grandma and Grandpa's house while I was on the road.

Boo wanted this shotgun shell keyring for her birthday.

I landed back home the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. So Sat we had friends over and smoked up some ribs.

On the Weber.

My Bride tried this new dip recipe she pulled off Pinterest. It had chopped up jalapenos and cilantro and other stuff. man it was so fresh and yummy tasting. She cut up some torts and fried up some chips for the dip.

Ribs resting.

Now that's a pan of goodness right there!

Cooked corn in the cooler for the first time. If you have a bunch of corn to do the directions said to place the corn in the cooler and pour boiling water over it for 30 mins with lid closed. And can stay in for up to 2 hours.

I didn't think the corn got done enough. My Bride thought it tasted like the cooler. So, lessons learned for us.

We sat by the firepit every evening with friends.

Took my jeep in for some exhaust work. When I went to pick it up the hood had several big dents in it. So, they fixed it while I was in Georgia. Looks great.

Monday, Memorial Day was a bittersweet day for me. I smoked up a brisket and enjoyed the day with family and friends but throughout the day those that are no longer with us crossed my mind. Those they gave all so we could be with our loved ones and enjoy such a beautiful day. To them...

Had not injected in a long time so went with EVOO and Jack.

A nine pounder.

Me and Toot (or she did all the work) made this basketball goal out of one of the kiddo projects from Lowes hardware. She was so proud and did a good job.

Man it was good. It had a great bark and was so tender.

It was a great weekend, beautiful weather, cool nights, good friends good chow and just what the doctor ordered after being on the road for a couple weeks. Hope all are well.

--Dan

Dip Recipe

1 c. mayo
1 c. sour cream
6 jalapenos
1 bunch cilantro
packet of ranch dip
Place in food processor and blend to consistency you like.

Last edited by jeepdad on Wednesday 5-28-2014 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pony Rider

PostPosted: Tuesday 5-27-2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK that is enough I'm filling charges against jeep dad for bulling and teasing, this is just cruel and inhumane punishment, but I'll take a order to go sure looks good Thumbs Up

Hope to see ya on the trail
Wanna Be

PostPosted: Wednesday 5-28-2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pony Rider wrote:
OK that is enough I'm filling charges against jeep dad for bulling and teasing, this is just cruel and inhumane punishment, but I'll take a order to go sure looks good Thumbs Up

X2 Count me in for samples Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Wanna Be

Wink Wink
Aggroman
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wednesday 5-28-2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you've been quite the busy man lately. Great photos. Thanks for sharing with us. Good lookin' grub. (minus cooler corn Laughing )

Oh, and we'll be showing you severe weather come this fall, so you and the 'skins better be ready Mister! Laughing

Take care Dan!
jeepdad

PostPosted: Wednesday 5-28-2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pony Rider Haaaa! Hope all is well my friend.

Wanna Be Laughing Laughing

Scott Haa! Nice comeback! Albeit, not true but nice comeback! Hope your Summer is going well brother.

--Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> BBQ & Grilling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: