www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

Swineapple

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Dutch Oven Cooking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimlj

PostPosted: Sunday 8-13-2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Swineapple Reply with quote

Has anyone done a Swineapple in a Dutch oven? Any pointers?

My first attempt was a bust as far as looks go, but fairly good as far as eating went.
FFdoug

PostPosted: Friday 8-25-2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great question-
My first attempt at smoking a swineapple, didn't turn out well. It tasted great, but was ugly. Unveiling "wow" factor was a zero. The pineapple turned to mush.
BIGDADDYBR549

PostPosted: Sunday 8-27-2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree with both of you, the traditional way of cooking the whole thing low and slow turned my first one into pineapple mush. my second attempt turned out much better. I stuffed the pineapple with cooked saugage. then instead of low/slow i pumped the temp up to 375-400 and used a normal cut bacon instead of thick cut. Had to buy a good brand of bacon tho, cheap ones were too thin, It cooked for about 45 minutes. Bacon crisp, pineapple hot but firm and didnt have to worry about cooking pork inside since already cooked. Should transfer to dutch oven better this way. Be sure and put the top of the pineapple back on about half way thru the cook so it doesn't burn it completly up. It's just for looks anyway but helps with the WOW factor
Triple F

PostPosted: Tuesday 9-5-2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a video on YouTube of one that I done in a 17" MACA this past weekend. I stuffed it with pre-cooked sausage as well and the pineapple held up ALLOT better. My YouTube channel is.... Forrest's Fine Foods - I Cook Outdoors. It's divided up into five different videos...one day I'll figure out how to keep from starting a new video ever time I cut the camera off. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Dutch Oven Cooking All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: