www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

Parchment paper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Cooking tips, tricks and techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeke

PostPosted: Wednesday 12-28-2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Parchment paper Reply with quote

I tried parchment paper for the first time on another cheesecake I made for Christmas dinner. I used it so I could lift out the cake to display on the dessert table. Worked great, but is there a way to fold that stuff so you do not get the seams showing in your food? I only plan on using that stuff when I need to lift something out of the DO.
cphubert

PostPosted: Friday 12-30-2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When presentation is a concern I cut it to fit, I buy parchment by the roll use the inside lip of the lid for a pattern and press and cut shape to fit bottom of DO then cut 3" or 4" wide strip full length for the side wall. If you need to a little Crisco or coconut oil will hold it up in place in a cold DO while you fill it with your mix. I am sure others will have other ideas also but this works for me so far with good results the parchment peels away from the side and the top after flipping.
Zeke

PostPosted: Saturday 12-31-2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great advice, thank you.

How would you lift the cheesecake out of the DO. I made one without parchment, cut it in the DO and took it out piece by piece. worked well but, time consuming.
Trapper

PostPosted: Thursday 3-23-2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeke. I'm just posting on using parchment paper. I may have your solution except with artisan bread I'm not concerned about a wrinkle or two on the sides.

Trapper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Cooking tips, tricks and techniques All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: